Doctor, Dentist and More

Whether you live on the island full time or are just visiting for a week or two during the year, sometimes you may need some medical assistance.  Here you will find a pletheria of recommendations for a variety of doctors and conditions. 

Let's start off with a wonderful doctor that is located right on the island, Dr. Michael Book.  His office is located next to the Market at East Beach.  He can be reached at 768-0888.  He can treat just about anything and anyone from children to adults.

Knee Doctor. " I had Dr. McCrosson due my knee replacement, He is with Roper downtown , his number is 789-1850.   Good luck"  "Same here. Two years ago. I understand he does more knee replacements than any other knee surgeon in the SC."

Dermatologists "After having trekked downtown for years, I went to Dr. Tom Meyers on Folly Road near its intersection with Maybank Hwy this week for the first time.  He recently relocated to Kiawah from Virginia and has a new practice. My wife had been to him previously this year and liked him. He is excellent with a new office, convenient parking and a nice professional staff.  Because he is relatively new to the area, he is also more readily available than most. His contact info follows: Dr. Thomas Meyers, Derm Clinic (795-7546) on Folly Road."

Allergists "I am extremely pleased with Maria Streck,MD  Allergy and Immunology, MUSC Health East Cooper--876 8282."

Dermatologists "MUSC Dertmotology Clinic is great. I have seem Dr. Marchall who helped to diagnose a unique skin problem."

"You need to consider Dr. Myers (Dermatologist) on Folly Road. Very professional and a wonderful person!!!"

About Village Dentistry:  " I haven't tried both but certainly think that Dr. Haille is a very thorough, conscientious and nice dentist.  He's very willing to make me as comfortable as possible.  I have been going to him for 6 years as has my husband.  His integrity is impeccable.  I'm sure that Dr. Cohen is equally good or they wouldn't be partners.  We're lucky to have them both so close by!  I highly recommend them!"

"Our family has been going to Dr. Haile since he first arrived, before Dr. Cohen joined the practice. I can't compare the two since I haven't seen Dr. C but I can highly recommend Dr. Haile and would call him "gentle" and very personable, as well.  Once he came in during off hours to finish a crown
before I left the country.  The staff are all great and I think the office, in general, goes above
and beyond the usual routine in order to treat and care for a mobile Kiawah community.  The hygienist once re-arranged her lunch schedule so I could attend a Christmas party."

"I like Dr Hale there. His wife works there too as an assistant. They are great people and very gentle. My 7 year old got an emergency filling there w a "piggy nose" as they called it to calm her and she did not notice she had shots or was drilled."

"I recently saw Dr. Philip Cohen at Village Dentistry on an emergency basis.  He came into the office just to treat me. He is a consummate professional who treated the repair of my broken front tooth both painlessly and artistically successful. Dr. Cohen is highly experienced and Board Certified in several specialties. He is my dentist of choice. Call 768-8376 and tell him I highly recommended him to you."

Dentist "I really like Dr. Gamble at Low Country Dental Associates (SMILE). He’s on Maybank."



Comments

  1. Following is a summary of that article which appeared in Seattle/Western Washington Edition of the magazine. best dentist

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment